Love your garlic? then this dip is definitely for you. This dip consists of boiled potatoes and with combined flavours such as vinegar, garlic and olive oil which are full of antioxidants.
Our version is not blended which means this version has a chunky texture which makes it the perfect side accompaniment with dishes such as fish. This dip is extremely easy to whip up and is sure to be a winner with everyone.
Skordalia recipe (Potato and garlic dip)Course: Appetizers, DipsCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
7 – 8 creme gold washed potatoes or any washed potatoes
4 – 5 garlic cloves – grated (to taste)
1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
2 tablespoons white vinegar (to taste)
3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil (to taste)
parsley & chilli – garnish (optional)
1/3 cup of boiled potato water (as required)
- Wash and potatoes soaking in a bowl of water for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and add to a pot of water, boiling potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Check potatoes to ensure they are soft in texture.
- Remove water from the pot, leaving a little boiled water which will help the mashing process, adding additional boiled water (1/3 of a cup – as required).
- Add 1 tablespoon salt, 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 3 or 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- Mash all ingredients thoroughly and add 4 – 5 grated garlic cloves into the potato mixture.
- Mash to your liking, we prefer the mixture to be a little chunky in texture (use a blender if you prefer a smooth and silky texture).
- Taste and add any additional salt, vinegar or olive oil (to taste).