Roasted pumpkin soup recipeCourse: Main, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
Roasted pumpkin soup is very nutritious and the perfect winter accompaniment.
500 grams pumpkin (roughly chopped)
3 – 4 onions (roughly chopped)
4 -5 carrots (roughly chopped)
2 potatoes (roughly chopped)
1 sweet potato (roughly chopped)
3 cups of water
salt (to taste)
chilli flakes (to taste)
sour cream (optional)
parsley (finely chopped, garnish optional)
- Peel and clean carrots, pumpkin, potatoes and onions.
- Roughly chop all ingredients.
- Brush olive oil to the base of a baking tray (generous olive oil coating).
- Add carrots and pumpkin, coating in olive oil by turning vegetables over.
- Bake vegetables at 160 C for approximately 40 minutes or until vegetables are golden and soft in texture.
- Add olive oil to a hot pot and add onions, stirring onions through thoroughly.
- Once onions become translucent, add carrot and potatoes stirring ingredients through thoroughly.
- Add chilli flakes and salt, stirring ingredients through thoroughly before adding water and covering the pot.
- Set heat to medium and allow the vegetable stock to simmer and develop, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and add transfer into a large pot.
- Transfer vegetable stock and remaining vegetables into the large pot.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly and cover the pot, bringing to boiling point.
- Uncover the pot, stirring through ingredients and then blend ingredients until smooth in texture.
- Serve in a shallow bowl, adding sour cream and parsley (optional).
- You can substitute homemade vegetable stock with store-bought vegetable stock.
- Freeze excess soup in sealed containers.