Oven baked sweet potatoes, carrots and zucchini
4 – 6
Fun Facts: Sweet potatoes are an excellent way to eat healthily. They are fat-free and cholesterol-free. Carrots have a higher natural sugar content than all other vegetables except for beetroot. Therefore, they make a wonderful snack when eaten raw and make a tasty addition to a variety of cooked dishes.
Ingredients for Oven baked sweet potatoes, carrots and zucchini
- Zucchini’s (enough to cover your tray – single layer).
- Olive Oil.
- Salt & pepper.
- 3 – 4 Cloves garlic.
- Splash of white wine.
- Half bunch fresh mint finely diced.
- 1 and a half tablespoon paprika.
- 4 – 6 Sweet potatoes.
- 4 – 5 Carrots.
- 1 Lemon including lemon zest.
Instructions for Oven baked sweet potatoes, carrots and zucchini
- Wash and half peel Zucchinis.
- Cut into quarter slices (chunky pieces).
- Dry zucchinis in the paper towel for 10 minutes.
- Wash and Peel sweet potatoes and carrots.
- In a stainless-steel bowl, place potatoes and carrots and squeeze 1 fresh lemon into the mixture and add the zest of one lemon.
- Place the zucchinis into the tray, along with the potatoes and carrots.
- Add salt & pepper (to taste), olive oil (generous portion), crushed garlic and finely dice half bunch fresh mint (finely chopped), 1 and a half tablespoon of paprika and a splash of White Wine (to taste).
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Cover top of the tray with baking paper and aluminium foil.
- Oven Bake for 30 minutes covered with Baking Paper and Aluminium Foil @ 180 and 15 minutes further uncovered.