How to make Greek pita bread (recipe)Course: AppetizersCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
1 ½ kilo plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups lukewarm water
1 sachet dry yeast (7-10 grams)
1 cup olive oil
- Add dry yeast sachet into 2 cups lukewarm water, mixing through thoroughly and setting aside.
- Sift plain flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil to flour mixture.
- Combining mixture using a rubbing motion.
- Add salt to the mixture.
- Continue combining the mixture.
- Add the yeast and water mixture.
- Stir through thoroughly using a kneading motion.
- Slowly add additional lukewarm water to the mixture.
- Continue kneading motion until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough thoroughly and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into small round pieces.
- Roll pita dough, just big enough to cover shallow pan surface.
- Over a high heat spray olive oil on the surface of a shallow pan and allow to heat up.
- Apply pita dough to pan surface, flipping once the bottom side has turned golden.
- Continue the process until both sides of pita bread cooked through