How to make Frappe iced coffee(Frappe recipe). This beverage was founded by the Greeks and this beverage is enjoyed all year round and the fact is that this beverage is highly addictive as it is extremely refreshing especially come summer time.
Tourists visiting Greece are literally delighted when they first try this beverage and cannot find themselves drinking anything else whilst on holidays.
What are the secrets of a good frappe? How do we prepare the ideal frappe iced coffee?
The coffee required is Nescafe coffee Frappe and these days this can be sourced easily online or in some instances this brand of coffee can be sourced at your local supermarket normally located in the international aisle.
There are 2 ways to make a frappe. One with the shaker and the other method is with a mixer (detailed below).
How to make Frappe iced coffee (Frappe recipe).Course: Beverages, CoffeeCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
Nescafe Coffee Frappe.
Evaporated milk (optional).
- Place in a tall thin glass 2 full of tablespoons of Nescafe Coffee Frappe.
- If you drink your coffee sweet then add 2 teaspoons of sugar, for medium add 1 tablespoon of sugar, if you prefer your coffee strong then add no sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of refrigerated to your glass, adding more than that will affect your end result.
TIP: I use my 2 fingers as a guide, measuring from the bottom of the glass.
- Using a Frappe mixer mix all the contents (water, sugar & coffee) until contents have fully dissolved.
- If you drink your coffee with milk, this is the part where you add it. Add 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk, evaporated milk is concentrated and traditionally this is what is used when making Frappe.
If you are going to add fresh milk, you should triple the quantity.
- Add 2 large ice cubes, try not to use the smaller ice cubes however if you have no alternative then add up to 5 of the smaller cubes.
- Fill the rest of your glass with refrigerated water.
- Place the drinking straw and you are ready.