Fun Fact: Green peppers are less sweet and slightly more bitter than yellow or orange peppers, with red bell peppers being the sweetest.
ingredients for grilled pepper salad
- 5 – 6 Peppers (mixed in colour).
- 1 Tomato (large/ripe).
- 2 Cucumbers (medium sized).
- 1 Garlic clove (grated).
- 1 Chilli (hot/grated).
- Olive oil to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Glazed balsamic vinegar.
- 3 – 4 Pieces of bocconcini cheese.
Directions for grilled pepper salad
- Grill the peppers on the griller until they are soft (10-15 minutes).
- Using a grater, grate garlic and chilli (to taste).
- Using a bowl combine the grated garlic, chilli, add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix them really well.
- Once peppers are softened, place them in a plastic bag and seal them for up to 10 minutes.
- Rip open plastic bag and peel the pepper skin.
- Deseed the peppers while mixing them through the garlic, chilli, olive oil and balsamic mixture.
- Add salt to taste, gently turning peppers over.
- Assemble the salad, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and bocconcini cheese(Decorate to your liking).
- Drizzle glazed balsamic vinegar over salad.
Traditionally served with barley rusk bread (Paximadia – Greek: παξιμάδια).