Fried cauliflower with homemade tomato salsa recipeCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This vegetarian dish is easy, quick and extremely delicious. A family favourite of ours, make it yours also.
1 cup canola oil (for cauliflower frying)
1 large cauliflower
1 cup olive oil
3 onions (finely chopped)
4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 sweet red pepper (finely chopped)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- Wash cauliflower, cutting into small portions.
- Add 1 cup canola oil to a hot pan and lightly fry cauliflower pieces.
- Remove cauliflower, placing on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Repeat process for remaining cauliflower pieces.
- Add 1 cup olive oil to a hot pan and add garlic and onions stirring ingredients thoroughly.
- Once onions turn translucent, add sweet red pepper, stirring ingredients thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, stirring ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover pan for approx. 5 minutes to allow tomato salsa to reduce.
- Add cauliflower pieces to tomato salsa.
- Ensure to spread cauliflower pieces evenly around the pan.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, spring onions and parsley.
- Cover pan for approx. 15 minutes before serving.
- Dry cauliflower as to avoid oil splash when cooking.